Los Angeles, 3 June 2013
1. Wide exterior of American Film Institute Theater
2. Event sign
3. Actor Danny Huston and girlfriend Olga Kurylenko arriving, Kurylenko poses for photographer
4. Fashion pan of actress Olga Kurylenko in Victoria Beckham dress
5. Fashion pan of actress Dominik Garcia-Lorido in Gucci jumpsuit
6. Actress Julianne Hough and brother Derek on arrival line
7. Camera cutaway
8. Actors Andy Garcia speaking to man on arrival line
9. Actress Elena Satine, wearing Pucci dress, speaking to reporter
10. SOUNDBITE (English) Elena Satine/Actress, on what "Magic City" is about:
"'Magic City' is a very delicious gangster show that is set in Miami in the late 1950's. It is about a wealthy hotel owner who finds himself sort of blindsided by his partner who is very dangerous gangster. It becomes a struggle to sort of keep his family safe and out of the darker dealings of what his business brings."
11. Actress Kelly Lynch, wearing Kimberly Ovitz dress, speaking to reporter
12. SOUNDBITE (English) Kelly Lynch/Actress, on her husband Mitch Glazer's project:
"My husband Mitch Glazer is the show runner and this has been a story I have lived with, through him, for the twenty years we have been together. It has been a movie, then it was a show on another network actually. It needed to be on premium cable because so much of the story is very erotic it is very violent. There is gangsters you know? It really found the perfect home at Starz."
13. Actress Dominik Garcia-Lorido speaking to reporter
14. SOUNDBITE (English) Dominik Garcia-Lorido/Actress, on how her father Andy Garcia's upbringing inspired her to play this role:
"I loved Mitch's passion and I loved the other actors involved. I am Cuban. My parents were both born in Cuba, left during the revolution. So it has a lot of family ties for me like (my character) Mercedes story line. I felt it was like the stars aligned and this part was in front of me to tell this story for my grandmothers. For the people in my family that went through this. I knew he (Mitch Glazer) was going to tell it right."
15. Actress Olga Kurylenko speaking to reporter
16. SOUNDBITE (English) Olga Kurylenko/Actress, on if it was love at first sight with her co-star and now boyfriend Danny Huston:
"I didn't know him before this. In fact when I saw him for the first time he looked so terrifying. I went to Mitch before we started shooting and said, 'That guy is Danny Houston right? He is in our show and I wanted to say hi to him. But I am afraid to go up because he looks so mean.' He said, 'Oh Danny he is not mean at all.' I said, 'I think he is in character and I just can't approach him. I am sorry.' He said, 'Oh come on. I'll introduce you.' I couldn't speak to him he looked terrifying. I thought he was mean in real life. He is not (laughs)."
17. Co-stars Olga Kurylenko and Danny Huston on arrival line
18. SOUNDBITE (English) Danny Huston/Actor, on co-star and girlfriend Olga Kurylenko:
"Unfortunately I don't get to work with Olga (Kurylenko). Occasionally we were in the same lobby at the same time. Mitch (Glazer) has been quite protective of her character. As he should be. Not wanting her to hang out with (my bad boy character) Ben Diamond for good reason I am sure."
19. Show creator Mitch Glazer speaking to reporter
20. SOUNDBITE (English) Mitch Glazer/"Magic City" show creator, on if he think he is responsible on a love match between Olga Kurylenko and Danny Huston:
21. Wide of carpet
MAGIC CITY STRIKES LOVE FOR CO-STARS
"Magic City's" Olga Kurylenko was scared of boyfriend Danny Huston when they first met on the set of their drama series. It was show creator Mitch Glazer who introduced them.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/89c46bdd9d9c4ff5983fe00ef947f823
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork